Are you a Warehouse Supervisor looking for your next role? We are working with a fantastic company based West of Salisbury. You will be working in a small, enthusiastic team and must be comfortable leading from the front.
As the Warehouse Supervisor your tasks will include:
- Supervising warehouse activity, including space management, productivity, shipping and customer service
- Strategically managing the warehouse team and holding daily briefings to allocate tasks and discuss workload
- Dealing with customer collections
- Managing all inbound deliveries including unloading
- Managing all outbound deliveries and liaising with national pallet & parcel carriers
- Managing stock control and reconciling with Sage, our data management system
- Management of warehouse essentials, including pallets, wrapping materials, machinery supplies and all other general supplies
- Maintaining health and safety standards around the warehouse, including hygiene and security
- Operating machinery, including forklifts, pallet trucks, wrapping machines, etc
- Managing vehicle fleet maintenance schedules in liaison with drivers and external providers
Skills and experience needed to become the Warehouse Supervisor:
- Solid experience in a warehouse, including team management/supervisory responsibilities
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- A forklift license
- Own transport is essential due to our rural location.
- Knowledge of inventory, basic equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills
- There is an element of manual handling involved in this position and as such you should be physically able to perform the required tasks.
- We would expect you to take pride in your work and have a keen eye for detail. You will be working alongside experienced staff who will give advice on current working practises but likewise we are always open to suggestions on ways we might improve efficiencies.