We are working in partnership to recruit an experienced Tool Maker for a client based in Andover, Hampshire. This is an excellent company to work for with great work ethics and a friendly team.
As the Tool Maker, you will be working in the on-site machine shop in Andover. You will be working as part of the CNC and toolmaking engineering team.
The main objective of the role is to produce and maintain tooling and equipment used on the production line. A secondary function is to manufacture component parts that can be used in new product development.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a Tool Maker and to have completed an engineering Tool Maker Apprenticeship or qualified to a similar level in machine shop practices. You will be able to operate all standard tool-room machinery both manually and using CNC programming to general engineering tolerances.
- Be able to work from detailed engineering drawings and, sometimes, work on your own initiative without drawings to develop, design and repair the fixtures.
- Confident in dismantling and repairing mechanical equipment that is used on the production line. There maybe a necessity to fault find the equipment as part of the repair process.
- Use of CADCAM software is useful but not essential.
- Maintain and manufacture parts for industrial machinery
- Manufacture new jigs and fixtures
- Manufacture components.
- Proficient in the use of Manual lathe.
- Proficient in the use of CNC/Manual Mill.
- Proficient in the use of Manual Grinder.
If this sounds like an opportunity that may be of interest to you, please call the office or click apply to send your CV