We are looking for a Supply Chain Buyer to join a lovely team based in a rural location close to Mere. You will have good knowledge of supply chains and experience in a Buyer role.
In this position, you will deliver optimal costs and stock holding alongside outstanding supplier performance and availability and be responsible for day to day management of most of the supplier base. Initially, this role is also key to developing a proposal through to launch of a forecasting model.
In return, the company offers some brilliant benefits such a discount schemes, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, on site gym and discounted meals in their staff area, life insurance and more!
As the Supply Chain Buyer you will be responsible for:
- Key to defining and driving a number of key strategic pieces of work including supplier commercials and performance
- Placement of all key supplier POs
- Overall accountability for PO management
- Negotiate pricing and terms with suppliers
- New supplier sourcing for greater liquidity, delivering rebate targets - Monitoring and forecasting
- Conducting annual supplier audit cycle
- Overall accountability for supplier information in references tab in WM
- Ensuring optimal stock value - Maximise the commercial benefit
- Using commodities information to better inform our purchasing decisions and negotiations
- Develop and maintain a full secondary supplier database
- Introduce and manage supplier data and metric reporting
- Develop a proposal for a forecasting tool
To be successful in your application as the Supply Chain Buyer:
- Analytical with excellent IT skills
- Good problem solver with an eye for detail
- Experience in a Buying/Supply chain role
- Team player who is able to collaborate effectively and work across multiple departments
- Experienced in managing conflicting priorities effectively
- Strong, confident communicator
- Strong decision maker & ability to use own initiative