Based in Bristol, our client, a metals and plastics distributor, is looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join their team and pro-actively engage with customers to maintain the sales flow.
As the new Sales Executive, you will be obtaining enquiries from customers and identifying the future opportunities to secure or develop the business. You'll also monitor, measure and implement strategy to ensure gross profit targets for each customer are achieved. You'll also be following up on previous quotations and administering customer orders efficiently and accurately.
Your day will also include:
- Ensure purchase orders are progressed with liers to ensure customer’s orders are delivered on time.
- Entering customer orders into the computer system promptly and accurately.
- Resolve all customer complaints promptly (or refer immediately to line management) raising necessary paperwork without delay.
- Ensure customers are notified immediately of any discrepancy to the order or delivery schedule.
- Maintain and record accurate and easily accessible information for all allocated customers. Update and maintain customer records for all allocated customers.
- Obtain and record relevant up to date market information e.g. price movements, trends, lead times, sourcing information, customer information etc.
- Complete and keep accurate sales activity records.
- Identify and establish new customers either by geographical region, market sector or product portfolio.
We'd love to speak to you if you have experience in negotiating payment terms and of working to product targets as this will also be part of your role as the new Sales Executive. We'd also need you to be able to accurately convert, manipulate and translate figures, presenting these in a form required and understood by the customer. Ideally, you will have worked in a similar industry and have knowledge of all standard products, including basic metal grades, specifications, finishes and suitability for various applications but if not, sales experience and a willingness to learn would be ideal!
For more information and a full spec, please get in touch or call Madryn to chat through the role and your experience in more detail - 01722 334433