Do you have experience in the hospitality trade or food production? We are looking for a Quality Assurance Technician. You will be based in a team in Salisbury spending time checking quality on the production floor as part of the technical team as well as carrying out administration tasks such as reporting, preparing taste panels, etc.
The working pattern will be 4 days on 4 days off, 6am to 6pm, with the flexibility to cover team holidays.
Responsibilities as the Quality Assurance Technician:
- Completion of quality assurance checks throughout the process of producing customer products
- Conduct and record results of daily, weekly and monthly checks such as scale records, temperature probes calibration and refrigeration equipment, downloading on a weekly basis data logger info and monitor
- Prepare, conduct and record results of daily taste panel
- Check daily production paperwork
- Carry out micro equipment and hand swabs, Allergen swabs, prepare samples for laboratory
- Raw materials checks
- QA positive release of product including the management of the reject and non-conformance database.
- Completion of various Internal audits including GMP, CCP and Traceability and ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
Essential experience to become the Quality Assurance Technician:
- Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment, catering or food handling in hospitality
- Level 2 food safety qualification - desirable
- Excellent communication skills and be confident to speak to different departments across the company.
- Have a good level of written English
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure in a fast moving environment
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Be able show Microsoft Office IT skills, including Word and Excel
- Flexible to cover other areas and shifts within the technical team as required
- Be able to problem solve and analyse products
- Be able to collate and analyse data