This is a great temporary opportunity to join our client’s team as a Purchase Ledger Clerk to support the finance team for 3 months. As the Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will have experience in an administrative role and excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach.
In your new role as the Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will:
- Ensure that Accounts Payable is maintained in accordance with current statuary accounting requirements.
- Match purchase orders to invoices.
- Code invoices to supplier accounts and nominal codes.
- Deal with Supplier account queries.
- Prepare payment lists in preparation for weekly BACS and CHAPS payment runs.
- Set up and update supplier accounts.
- Reconcile invoices and credit notes to supplier statements.
- Ad-hoc administrative duties.
- Assist in projects to improve the Finance Department’s processes.
To be successful in this role you will ideally be competent in your IT skills (Microsoft Office), have the willingness to learn, have excellent communication skills, ability to build strong working relationships with members of the Finance team as well as wider business, and demonstrate a high level of interaction with other internal stakeholders.
This role is working full time on the outskirts of Salisbury Monday – Friday.
If you would like to discuss the role, please apply with your CV, or call Emily on 01722 334433.