We are looking for an Operational Support Manager to work for an established distribution company supplying premium quality products. You would be responsible for supporting the Service Centre Manager in all operational aspects of the service centre, driving continuous productivity improvement throughout.
To be successful in this position you will need to be a confident leader, with great communication skills and a drive to achieve despite obstacles.
- Review processes across the business to identify areas for effective development
- Develop and deliver costed process improvements working collaboratively with other staff
- Manage and maintain any Quality and Environmental standards relevant to the business
- Recruit, train, develop all staff, and manage performance in the team.
- Carry out periodic appraisals with individuals and agree challenging objectives for continuous improvement
- Manage effective data and information technology systems in order to have the right data available for decision making and to maintain/cleanse systems
- Review overhead costs against budgets and review the efficiency of all assets to ensure they are providing the maximum return on investment
- Experienced with Logistics Planning, Warehouse Operations, Health & Safety, Quality Management
- Experience with operational management, including creating plans, setting KPIs, development tools, setting targets and monitoring performance, managing change by identifying barriers and how to overcome them
- Confident IT user with a proactive approach to new developments in the sector
- Previous project management experience.
- A solid understanding of how to manage budgets and financial forecasts, calculate KPIs and return on investment
- Previous management experience
In return, this role offers a Monday to Friday work pattern (37.5 hours) and £35-40K DOE.