An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager looking for a change in lifestyle and a relocation overseas.
You may already be an experienced Operations Manager looking for a new challenge, or a Works Manager/Manager with an Electrical Engineering background looking to move into a more senior role.
You will be willing to relocate to Shanghai in China and have some knowledge of the country. Ideally you will have knowledge of the Chinese culture, and be committed to moving there permanently.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day operations in the factory, overseeing Production, Planning, Production Engineering and Purchasing in line with the global strategic objectives.
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Running of both the prime manufacturing and all assembly areas
- Developing existing process, their maintenance and improvement moving forward of all processes.
- Setting and execution of the production plan in conjunction with both Sales and Production.
- The sourcing and supply chain of all purchased items for AC and the group.
- Overseeing 4 Managers and 200 staff
Skills and Experience required:
- Ideally Educated to degree level in Mechanical or Electro/Mechanical or equivalent / or extensive knowledge within this sector.
- Previous relevant Managerial experience in a Manufacturing discipline at a senior level
- Ideally Experience managing a moulding facility, which processes both thermos sets & thermos plastics would be beneficial.
- Previous experience working in China
- Ideally production planning experience.
Along with a generous salary Our client offers a relocation package and excellent company benefits including: a 3-bedroom company apartment located within a 20-minute drive of the factory and within walking distance to the local amenities, private health care, company pension and one return flight per year to visit family , and excellent international schooling close by.
This is an excellent opportunity with potential career progression in the foreseeable future for the right candidate.
Contact Jo and Loren today for more information, or apply with your CV and a cover letter as to why you feel you would be the right person for this role!