Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer with experience in product development? Are you passionate about leading and mentoring a dynamic team towards innovative design solutions? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you’ll lead, motivate, and develop junior team members, fostering an open, enthusiastic design culture with a focus on innovation and collaboration.
Other tasks in your role as Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Create components and assemblies for Mechanical Engineering and R&D projects, ensuring precision and adherence to industry standards.
- comprehensive design documentation and project reports/plans, ensuring clarity and accuracy.
- Prototyping and Testing - Produce test reports for prototypes, implement improvements, and conduct FEA, testing, verification, validation, and simulation to global industry standards.
- Be actively engaged throughout the full product lifecycle, from concept to production.
- Lead projects and engage in regular consultations with the engineering manager. Provide project planning assistance when required.
- Provide technical support to other departments.
- Work closely with the engineering workshop to ensure manufacturability of products.
We’d ideally like you to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Engineering degree, BEng, or higher.
- Experience in full lifecycle product design.
- Proficiency in FEA and mechanical hand calculations. Were ideally looking for these skills and knowledge:
- Strong theoretical knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and tight tolerances.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Advanced 3D CAD skills, specifically in SolidWorks.
- In-depth knowledge of drawing standards, specifically technical product specification BS8888.
- Proactive with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Competent in writing technical reports, specifications, and user documentation.
If you are ready to take on a leadership role in an innovative and collaborative environment, apply now or call Lynne on 01722 334433
Personnel Placements - Where Talent Meets Opportunity