We are looking for a Machine Shop Manager to join a local and established business, that are world renowned for what they do.
Following significant investment into the latest technology and machinery, we are now looking for the right person to lead our busy machine shop and take it to the next level; a Manager who is committed to the success of our investment by helping us achieve our ambitions.
As the Machine Shop Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing workflow through the machine shop
- Programming the CNC machines, organising our team of operators and maintaining machinery effectiveness.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of machinists
- Identify key areas for improvement within the machine shop to improve the efficiency and quality of items produced.
- Contribute in production and management meetings to develop the machine shop and its production capabilities.
- Provide regular feedback to employees, carry out performance reviews and ensure all training and skills are up to date.
- Monitor production quality and standards.
- Positively and proactively tackle engineering and manufacturing challenges.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety and PPE requirements
To be successful in your application for our Machine Shop Manager you will need the following experience/attributes:
- Have some experience in managing or supervising similar environments and will be able to work with other departments to excel in providing the right solutions for both busy production lines and complex, unique R&D projects.
- An in-depth understanding of CNC programming and operating is essential and the candidate will be able to show, through qualifications or prior experience, that they are able to confidently apply their abilities to further improve our production capability and capacity.
- Those able to show they have a solid understanding of the Siemens operating system and DMG machinery would be at a distinct advantage and previous work with, or knowledge of, other processes such as laser cutting and sheet metalwork would be of interest.
- In addition to the above, prior experience or knowledge of additive manufacturing techniques would also be highly advantageous to an applicant.
A fantastic opportunity to join a thriving business at a really exciting moment in its broad and interesting history.
Salary £40,000 – 50,000 a year depending on experience/ability.