Are you a skilled Machine Setter with qualifications in injection moulding and automated systems? In this role you will have the responsibility for the technical aspect of production, working with operators, materials and documentation within all the manufacturing processes to achieve the manufacturing plans and performance objectives as required. As the Machine Setter, you will also carry out all preventative maintenance, safety checks and basic repairs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities as the Machine Setter will Include:
- Plan and carry out regular schedule of maintenance, troubleshooting any mechanical problems and applying technical fixes to minimise machine downtime.
- To ensure that mould tools are safely installed, and machines are properly set so that the products being manufactured are in accordance with the specification sheet and control sample.
- Ensuring the correct materials and stocks are used by operators in the manufacturing process.
- Ensure all operators are aware of and follow H & S procedures.
- Ensure that workspaces and tools are maintained and stores/ used in correct manager and any maintenance activity required is carried out leaving workspaces in clean and tidy condition.
- Monitor the quality of products produced against customer specification sheets and apply and remedial actions to any substandard products/production techniques.
- Ensuring all manufacturing documentation, machine operation and labelling is correct and suitable for its purpose and act as specialist support to train operators in association with team leaders.
- Encourage and drive efficient and effective working practices within the department.
- Support queries and questions in regard to material or product issues and obtain support from the necessary personnel to help resolve in a timely fashion.
- Communicate daily with the Mouldings Manager on any significant technical issues and report any issues which may impact production targets/ schedules.
- Support operators in all manufacturing processes to achieve best performance and best manufacturing practices.
We'd really like to speak to you if you have:
- Professional qualification in Injection Moulding and Automated systems
- Good understanding of general manufacturing practices and procedures
- Good organisational skills and able to work to deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to develop and support focused teams
- Keen and willing to drive performance and improvements across the business
- Good awareness and knowledge of health and safety practices
A wide range of technical knowledge on the operation of injection moulding machines in a manufacturing environment combined with practical experience and the knowledge and ability to use manufacturing systems such as MRP with a strong understanding of its importance in the business would also be desirable.
Apply now with your CV or call Lou on 01722 334433 or email her email@example.com