We are looking for a Lettings Assistant to join a lovely award-winning independent estate agent based in Salisbury. You will be working in a fast-paced team and be carrying out the team administration and assisting with some viewings (so a driving license is essential).
As well as working in a fantastic team you will benefit from 25 working days plus bank holidays. After two years’ continuous service the right to take up to a further 5 days as unpaid leave.
As the Lettings Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Act as the first point of contact with clients, landlords, tenants, other professionals, contractors, suppliers, and the general public, primarily over the telephone but also face to face.
- Register prospective applicants and maintain an accurate applicant database.
- Call applicants on a weekly basis to update records and to book viewings, assist with viewings when required.
- Manage the diary - book viewings, market appraisals, and routine property visits.
- Produce property particulars and window cards and ensure these are regularly updated.
- Organise and maintain gas safety and electrical inspections.
- Draft new tenancy paperwork and pass for checking.
- Coordinate incoming maintenance by notifying Landlords to gain authorisation then raising detailed worksheets and sending them to contractors.
- Manage the key system efficiently and ensure all keys are chased and returned at the end of each week.
- Maintain a substantial contractor database and ensure the relevant certificates and insurance policies are in date and filed on the system and chase 1 month prior to renewal.
- Book Inventories and checkouts at the instruction of the Lettings Manager/Negotiator.
To successfully become the Lettings Assistant, you will need:
- Previous experience in administration within an office environment.
- Driving license and own transport
- Customer service focussed experience
- Strong IT skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous property experience would be an advantage