Are you looking to progress your experience in the legal field? We are working with a law firm based in Salisbury looking to recruit a Legal Assistant for their litigation team.
As the Legal Assistant, you will be giving full-time support to the Head of Disputes and Resolution working within a busy department. Amongst other things, the job holder will ensure that client care is delivered to the highest standards and that matters progress quickly. On-the-job training and time for learning and study will be provided.
Responsibilities as the Legal Assistant:
- Dealing with enquiries from potential new clients
- Preparing client care packs, performing anti-money laundering checks and setting up new files
- Attending and assisting in initial and subsequent client meetings, mediations and court hearings
- Communicating with clients in various methods
- Taking client instructions
- Drafting advice, Solicitors letters, letters before action, claim forms, statements of case, instructions to Counsel, deeds, consent orders and other legal documents
- Performing general administrative tasks including (but not limited to) filing, archiving, diarising appointments and case time limits, preparing invoices and statements of account, photocopying and scanning documents and preparing mediation and hearing bundles.
Experience and skills required for the Legal Assistant:
- An ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and appropriately face to face, by telephone, and by email
- Sufficient numerical ability to calculate interest on claims
- An ability to prioritise urgent workloads and work effectively under pressure
- An ability to note and follow instructions and work effectively as part of a team
- An ability to conduct research and present information to the Head of Disputes and Resolutions
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, administrative and personal organisation
- An ability to work with case management and other IT systems
- Experience of working within a legal environment, ideally litigation