Our Client based in Central Salisbury are seeking an experienced Part-Time HR Manager to join their team. This is a newly created role and as a HR Manager you will work closely with the School Business Manager and the Head of the school to provide robust advice and support on HR and employment issues to reduce financial, legal and reputational risk to the School.
You will be an experienced HR Manager ideally with previous experience within the education sector. You will be experienced working within a Senior Management team and will be responsible for all aspects of HR for the school.
Your key responsibilities as the HR Manager will include:
- Supporting and advising the Senior Management Team (SMT) and line managers with all staff management processes, including appraisals, dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence and redundancy.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and procedures, ensuring in line with current legislation and implement changes where necessary.
- Responsible for the development of HR policies and procedures (including the introduction of HR Online
- Keep up to date with changes in employment law and amend policies and procedures as necessary, communication changes to staff where relevant
- Ensuring appraisal processes are in place and are appropriately tailored for both support staff and academic staff
- Oversee the recruitment of academic and support staff through induction, issuing job offer letters, contracts of employment and ensuring probationary review are carried out.
- Ensure DBS checks are undertaken for all staff and volunteers, and that all contractors on site comply with our policies in terms of child protection
- Training line managers to understand their responsibilities in managing their staff
- Supporting and advising line managers with the effective day to day management of staff, including regular appraisals
- Monitoring sickness absence across the School, ensuring managers carry out return to work interviews effectively and address issues that arise
- Providing the SBM and Head advice on HR and employment implications of the School’s business strategy
- Line management of the HR Administrator
- Responsibility for the HR budget
To be successful in the role of HR Manager you will require the follow skills:
- CIPD qualified (Masters ideally)
- Experience in education highly desirable
- Ability to manage resources to deliver short term essentials whilst sustaining long term objectives
- Proven ability to work in collaboration with senior leadership
- The ability to be effective at a strategic and operational level
This is a permanent part time role working 3 days a week, with flexibility on working days.
Salary £50,000 (Pro-Rata based on part time hours)
If you would like more information call Jo on 01722 334433 or apply with your CV!