This is an exciting new opportunity to join a growing charity in their head office based in Salisbury, Wiltshire as an HR Assistant. This is a full-time, permanent role however there may be some flexibility with hours for the right candidate.
Reporting to one of the HR Officers, the HR Assistant will be supporting the team in delivering a high-quality service. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a busy HR team and be looking to further develop their skills and experience.
The successful candidate will have an awareness of the need for sensitivity and confidentiality and will be a proactive individual who enjoys a varied workload, has excellent attention to detail and has strong communication skills.
As the HR Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- General day to day HR administrative support within the HR team.
- Assist in the preparation of contract letters, terms and conditions of employment and other personnel letters to be sent to members of staff (salary increases, promotions etc.).
- Adding and checking information onto the HR database. Including changes in job title, role, LM, certificates etc.
- Administer recruitment processes, acknowledge candidates, create lists of candidates, contact shortlisted and unsuccessful candidates and liaise with managers about interviews etc.
- Check, approve and chase employee weekly timesheets, recording overtime and driving time for payroll.
- Help collate HR reports on sickness and absence, and other HR statistics
Skills and Experience required for the HR Assistant position:
- Previous experience in HR administration as part of an HR Team.
- Experience of the recruitment process
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Organised and methodical approach to administration and record-keeping
- Confident in using Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent including Maths and English
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Studying toward a recognised CIPD qualification or equivalent industry experience
- A basic understanding of employment law would be an advantage.
Please call Loren for further information on the HR Assistant role or click apply now to send your CV.