Our Salisbury based client is looking for a Part Time HR Advisor to join their busy HR team. Partnering with key stakeholders this role delivers generalist HR support enabling the delivery of the site & company growth agenda. Working closely with Site Management to embed the culture and values that are key to the business and supporting local levels of management and employees to ensure the best performance in a motivating environment. The role will also deputise for the HRBP where required.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Acting as a point of contact for relevant business areas for all HR related queries. Providing advice, guidance and interpretation to operational departments on all people issues.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current employment law and case law practices through email employment law updates, HR magazines, and links with other HR networks.
- Dealing with employee relations issues which include performance management, ensure managers have an effective PDR process in place, as well as talent management and manage under performers through a performance improvement plan
- Supporting managers with any disciplinary or grievance cases that may arise. In addition to administration this may include coaching, providing advice, considering best practice and evaluating risk in relation to the best course of action.
- Responsible for complete end to end recruitment practice including preparing and placing adverts, job descriptions, person specifications and interview scripts. Coaching and supporting line managers in interviews through to offer stage, providing a proactive service to hiring managers
- Reporting on key HR metrics for management on a monthly and weekly basis.
- Involvement in projects or implementing HR strategies as required.
- Develop, review and update policies & procedures.
- Proactively work with your business area ensuring employee absence processes are being adhered to in line with the absence management procedure, work with the OH team in managing short and long terms cases to resolution.
- Manage different scales of business restructures end to end, this could involve some element of consultation on an individual or collective basis. Working with employee representatives and management to get to a resolution.
- Manage all Learning and Development on site, ensuring all training is well delivered and meets business and individual needs, including, assisting managers with the creation of new training documents. Track and coordinate individual training plans and collate training needs from personal development plans as well as identifying refresher training to ensure all training and records are kept up to date.
Key skills required for this role
- Ideally have a good working knowledge of a food manufacturing environment, including all process steps within the factor
- Ideally CIPD qualified (not essential)
- Computer literate in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks and to work and complete assignments on time despite frequent interruptions.
- Effective communication - express or exchange ideas; must be able to verbally convey detailed instructions.
- Able to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, commitment to high standards
- Adapting and responding to change – able to adapt to change, accepts new ideas and shows sensitivity to different cultures and backgrounds
- Management of all HR/Training related budgetary spend
- Authority to sign off payroll when required
- The role requires an individual who is able to make decisions based on effective information.
- Previous Human Resources experience (Essential)
The role will also involve occasional travel to the Finsbury site
Salary Circa £30,000 pro-rata
This is a part time permanent role based on a 25-hour week (Some flexibility on how hours are worked)
If you would like to find out more information about this role contact Jo on 01722 334433 / joanne@firstname.lastname@example.org or apply with your CV!