Experience of leading a small team and ideally an accounting qualification is what you'll need in your new role as Finance Manager, based in Salisbury city centre and working for this wonderful prestigious charitable organisation. You'll be supporting the Chief Financial Officer with budget preparation, year end audits and process improvements. If you have knowledge of accounting software, PAYE, corporation tax and VAT principles we'd really like to speak to you and tell you more about the Finance Manager role
As the new Finance Manager, your principal tasks will include:
- Manage and develop a team of finance staff, supporting their daily functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and cash management; ongoing improvement of processing efficiencies, data security and cost management across finance functions, including SAGE 200 with HR modules.
- Produce monthly accounts of actual results against the phased budget for distribution to managers and report significant variances to the managers and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Monitor income and expenditure on a regular basis to ensure that budgets are not compromised, reporting as necessary to the relevant budget manager and the Chief Financial Officer. To advise budget managers on financial matters.
- Produce monthly reconciled schedules and process accounting journals into Sage for the main accounts and produce financial management reports and a monthly dashboard.
- Maintain specific accounting records for any grants or projects
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and the annual partial exemption adjustment calculation.
- Deputise for the Payroll Administrator and process the monthly payroll as required.
- Produce draft accounts in preparation for the annual audit
As we have mentioned, as the new Finance Manager you will ideally have an accountancy qualification but experience is also important, so do please get in touch if you have experience of managing a team in a busy environment, production of management and financial accounts, managing bank accounts and cash flow, forecasting and implementing financial IT systems.
A full job description is also available - so please call Lynne for more information or apply with your CV and she will call you! 01722 334433
Finance Manager Jobs, Jobs In Finance, Accounts Jobs