Are you experienced in finance and looking for a temporary position to increase your experience further? This is a great opportunity to support a large charity organisation based in Salisbury by being accountable for the accurate and timely processing of financial information. As the Finance Assistant, you will provide quality information and complaint services to support strategic decision-making and build a solid foundation for an evolving organisation.
In your new role as the Finance Assistant, you will:
- Process payments and maintain purchase ledger – process expenses, invoices, and other payments in XLedger for payment in a timely and accurate manner and review supplier statements and outstanding items regularly and efficiently.
- Compliance and internal controls – Ensure relevant authorisations are obtained, and safeguards and protocols are followed regarding data protection, internal financial controls, and ethical standards.
- Act as the first point of contact for purchasing queries – Primary management of the shared finance email inbox; Acting as the first point of contact for external and internal questions. Ensure a high level of customer service and effective representation of the finance team and the Trust.
- Organisation – Maintain paperwork in an orderly manner: current/prior year records to remain accessible yet secure, older items archived and destroyed when appropriate.
- Finance Team assistance – Support finance team colleagues in providing information to other parties as appropriate, e.g., budget-holding colleagues, fundraising colleagues, or external auditors.
An AAT or equivalent qualification would be beneficial but not essential – we would really be keen to speak with you if you have worked in a similar role, are able to demonstrate accurate record keeping, and are confident in learning to navigate around new systems.
Please apply with your CV or call Emily on 01722 334433 to discuss further.