We are looking for a full time Finance Assistant to work for a local organisation. You will be assisting the Management Accountant in running the day-to-day systems within the finance department. You will focus on the purchase ledger, sales ledger, bank reconciliations and staff expenses.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process purchase invoices; prepare payment runs; deal with supplier queries; point of contact for staff re pl queries; maintain of Sage supplier ledger records
- Process sales ledger - receive income info from colleagues; process entries; raise sales invoices and credit notes; maintain Sage customer ledger records.
- Perform the daily bank reconciliation, raising queries and posting entries to Sage where required.
- Administer staff expenses
- Control the petty cash process, reconcile monthly.
- Work with Management Accountant and Head of Finance to respond to ad hoc reporting requests and queries.
- Service the finance department email inbox and conduct general administrative duties
- Previous Accounts/Finance Administration experience is essential
- Experience using Sage or equivalent accounts package
- IT literate, particularly Excel
- It would be desirable if you had or were studying towards an AAT or similar
In return, you will receive a salary of £19,000 – 20,000 depending on experience