A long-standing non-profit organisation is seeking an Events and Communication Officer (35 hours a week) to work within a small, enthusiastic and friendly office right in the centre of beautiful Salisbury....and there's free parking too!
Ideally you would have experience within the volunteer, non-profit, and / or charitable sector. Experience within event administration and social media marketing is essential! Working in a great, supportive team you'll be sharing news, events and members activities across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well as dealing with event administration, database work and working with volunteers to deliver training.
There are lots of benefits in the organisation such as, 22 days holiday plus bank hols increasing to 25 days once you have completed 5 year, after you complete probation you will get a 10% pension contribution when you contribute 5%, opportunity for paid volunteer days and more!
As the Events and Communication Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Daily management of the online booking system
- Preparation of paperwork, information packs etc for delegates attending events, trainings, activities and conferences.
- Preparation of briefing material, attendance lists etc for Volunteers who are delivering the events, trainings, activities, and conferences.
- Be prepared to attend any of the events, trainings, activities and conferences as part of the organising team.
- Monitor press coverage and take any necessary follow up action.
- Regular liaison with the HQ Communications team.
- Deliver PR trainings to volunteer groups.
- Write copy for social media posts.
- Create impactful social media campaigns, grow social media audiences.
- Collate statistics, monitor trends/activity.
To be a successful Events and Communication Officer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with event administration and an online booking system.
- A confident communicator with proven experience in writing copy for blogs and social media.
- Proven experience in managing social media strategy and collating statistics.
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude.
Full Clean driving licence is essential and must be willing to travel as necessary.
The successful candidate will be required to work occasional Saturdays/Sundays and evenings to support volunteer meetings and events.
In return, the Events and Communication Officer will receive a salary of £20,000 - 22,000
Give Jo a call for more information or send a copy of your CV via the apply button!