We are recruiting for an ECAD Technician to join the highly skilled and talented team of R&D Electronic Design Engineers. You will work in a passionate team that design and manufacture high-quality electronic products that are built to last.
You will be providing assistance on ECAD schematics and PCB design maintenance to our client’s range of products whilst at the same time developing your PCB design skills.
Principle responsibilities of the ECAD Technician:
- Schematic and PCB designs including maintenance via software and component libraries.
- Maintenance of BOMs and manufacturing data through document management system.
- Documentation including process instructions, PCB / PCBa manufacturing data.
- Ensuring ECAD processes are in line with DFMs – liaising with relevant stakeholders to deliver this.
- Working as part of multi-disciplinary team to meet project and product launch deadlines.
Skills/Experience needed to become the ECAD Technician:
- Able to read, analyse and interpret common scientific and technical data.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation.
- Effective presentation skills – ability to present information to stakeholders.
- Experience of PCB layout and manufacturing processes and Design for Manufacture (DFM).
- Knowledge of electronic components and ability to interpret electrical component datasheets to extract CAD symbol and footprint information.
- Ability to interpret mechanical design data.