We are looking for a Design Engineer for our client based in Andover, Hampshire. As the Design Engineer you will be supporting the Engineering Manager with the design and engineering of customer’s products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The creation of artwork & tooling using artwork/drawings supplied by the customer in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Liaise with both customers and suppliers on technical matters
- Support the Sales team regarding any technical issues
- Produce competitive quotations/costings and where possible identify alternative materials to reduce costs/improve production
- Develop new products/ideas
- Maintain all engineering related database ensuring they are both accurate and up to date
- Creation of BOM & Routings on MRP system to meet production requirements for timing & accuracy
- To assist in the development implementation & maintenance of appropriate QMS procedures
Skills and Experience:
- 123MRP & AutoCad LT, Illustrator, MS Office
- General Product Engineering background or educated within Engineering
- A knowledge of electronics would be beneficial, however not essential
In return you will receive a salary of up to £26K depending on experience.
For more information or to be considered for the role, please contact Loren on 01722 334433 or apply for the position.