We are looking for a strong communicator who has hands on operational skills to join this Salisbury based company as a Samples Coordinator.
You’ll be part of a brilliant team, helping to join sales and operations together. You will be well supported in your role, but you’ll also be able to ‘make the role your own’ as you will be working independently and autonomously. Organisation skills are key in this role as is the ability to problem solve.
Based in the warehouse area of the business, the Samples Coordinator will need exceptional communication skills, advanced IT ability to be able to manage systems, be a proactive thinker as well as have an eye for detail. You must be comfortable on ladders, using pallet jacks and other standard shipping equipment such as box cutters and tape guns.
A real mix of hands on and administrative work, the role involves overseeing samples/inventory control, analysing inventory for both UK and EU distribution, internal packaging and new product launch samples boxes, administering transfers, preparing orders and ensuring all shipments are in accordance with the business’s high standards.
The Samples Coordinator main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership for the samples department; ensuring proper cross training and documented procedures are in place.
- Plan transfers and organise orders to ensure that they have the right documentation.
- Oversee workflow, inventory control, order fulfilment and determine appropriate resources.
- Oversee quality control of incoming inventory and provide final QC check of all outgoing shipments.
- Communicate with the Warehouse team as well as the Sales team to ensure that orders are shipped on time and not expedited where possible.
- Responsible for aspects of coordinating and facilitating trade shows including schedules, pre-show assembling and all booth materials and related activities as needed; working with the sales representatives to update the merchandising for shows
- Coordinate new purchases and reorders of new or existing marketing materials and packaging by working closely with the marketing department, operations/distribution departments, in-house graphics department and purchasing.
You will need to be educated to GCSE level or equivalent, have some previous inventory experience and the ability to work both independently and with other teams.
You must be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, be computer literate and proficient using the Microsoft Suite.
Proven experience of providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers is also essential.
If this sounds like you then please get in touch to chat through the role in more detail and for a copy of the full job description.