You will be working for a respected global brand that is both innovative and creative, in this exciting opportunity as a Buyer, joining the Supply Chain team who deliver an effective and efficient purchasing service to their clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In summary, as the Buyer, you will be responsible for:
The purchase of goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensuring all purchase requests are closed out in line with the operational demand
- Carrying out expediting of all open orders and maintain a 95% confirmation of order schedule.
- Monitoring and advice on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the build plan
- Preparing and developing reports and updates as and when required
- Working closely with others in the supply chain function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Purchase orders and order schedules
- Working with the Quality teams to ensure we expedite the returns process for all non-confirming materials
In your role as Tactical Buyer you’ll receive 23 days holiday, rising to 24 days after 3 years’ service and 25 days after 5 years service, pension, life insurance and benefit from a Cycle to Work Scheme, free parking and a casual dress code.
You’ll need to have experience of working in a global supply chain team, MRP / ERP knowledge and be able to interact with stakeholders easily and effectively as well as have the ability to work independently, think creatively, solve problems; ability to make timely, effective, fact-based decisions and take initiative.
Get in touch with your CV to apply or give Lou a call for more details on 01722 334433