We are excited to be working closely with an innovative company based in Salisbury, Wiltshire to recruit a Buyer to join their supply chain team on a 9 month fixed term contract. This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday.
In your role as Buyer, you will be working closely with the supply chain manager to support all supply chain activity.
A key part of your position will be to Identify and develop key operational and strategic suppliers whilst developing strong framework agreements with those suppliers.
You will also be supporting, implementing, and identifying cost reduction opportunities that support the direct and indirect cost reduction targets.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Buyer will be:
- Support the Supply Chain function to establish, maintain and monitor KPI’s to optimise supply chain performance in support of spares and production requirements.
- Participate in the development of, and become an Expert User in the Purchasing/Planning modules within the business management system.
- Lead/support/participate in negotiations, secure capacity and forecasting.
- Gather and analyse spend and supplier data, execute benchmarking, provide relevant data to sales tools
- Identify and project manage alternative least cost initiatives with regards to outsourcing, sub-contracting and e-supply chain to minimise cost and risk, whilst maintaining product integrity and quality support with the development of innovative and sustainable initiatives to deliver continuous improvement.
- Reductions in lead-time and cost, through supply chain performance improvement, in-house, cross-departmental process improvements and alternative supply chains
- Improvement through design change proposals, rationalisation, process change, quality management and investment proposals
- Ensure Quality, Delivery and Cost development of goods and services for direct and/or indirect spends
- Develop and clearly communicate performance standards and achievement for key supply sources
- Execute / support the supplier selection / rationalisation process
- Execute / support material cost budgeting and follow-up
- Communicate progress and escalate recurring issues to Head of Supply Chain and Operations Director
- Create an effective and business focused working relationship with key internal customers; Product Planning, Sales, Finance, Logistics and Engineering, built on good communication and shared ambition
- Develop cross company competencies that will contribute to the development of both the Supply Chain and general business performance
- Report on agreed objectives and long term strategies with Management Team
Skills and experience
- Previous experience working in a global supply chain team
- Demonstrable experience in leading supplier negotiations
- Experience in identification and development of lead supply chains
Please contact Loren for further information or click apply now to send your CV.