Our client is looking for a Buyer to join their established Salisbury based team. Ideally, you would have experience in supply chain and negotiating with suppliers. The successful applicant would be reporting to the Senior Group Buyer, this position will have responsibility for supporting product sourcing decisions within our client's business.
The primary task of this role will be to: Be responsible for ensuring that all materials are approved to meet specification, are within cost parameters, and with achievable lead times. In addition, you will be required to negotiate terms with suppliers and support artwork approval processes.
This role does require some UK travel a couple of times a month with an overnight stay, expenses paid.
Responsibilities as the Buyer:
- Proactively source which allows the development department to develop exciting and innovative products.
- Search for new suppliers online and via trade shows.
- Work closely with the development team, ensuring that all new product requests are dealt with within required time scales.
- Regular attendance at product launch meetings and keeping team advised of any new product material issues.
- Samples are in on time for customer samples and trials.
- Quotes are in on time for costings to be completed.
- Communication of accurate and relevant information to other departments.
- Ensure that correct specification are passed to the Technical team for all new product launches.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and ensure best terms are sought in line with approved costings
- Ordering of new materials
- Manage and work closely with other departments in implementing packaging improvement projects as directed by Packaging Department to ensure no delays to implementation.
Skills, Experience you would need to be successful in your application for the Buyer:
- Well organised with the ability to ‘multi-task’ and prioritise workload in order to achieve tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with Key Stakeholders (Internal and External).
- High standard of computer literacy i.e Microsoft Office and ERP
- Confident, can work on own initiative and has commercial awareness.
- High standard of numeracy
- Desirable: Educated to Degree level & either a member of or working towards Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply.
As a successful candidate, you should be able to demonstrate the capability to negotiate and purchase materials from a range of suppliers.