We are looking for a Business Manager to support the existing BID team to focus on supporting the needs of BID levy payers. The BID is seeking a confident and well organised individual with excellent interpersonal skills to support BID levy payers and understand their individual and collective business needs. The Business Manager will primarily be responsible for delivering projects outlined in the business plan in a professional and cost-effective manner.
The BID’s aim is to enhance the trading environment and the experience of visiting Salisbury, generating direct benefits to our business members.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer to manage relationships with the BID levy payers to understand and support their business needs within the context of the BID Business Plan.
- Be the first point of contact for BID levy payers, through phone, digital and face to face interactions and working closely with the BID Ranger to maximise best use of BID resources
- Measure and report upon project activity, evaluating its delivery and making necessary changes to ensure maximum value for levy payers
- Support the Chief Executive and BID Board of Directors with effective management of media engagement to best support BID levy payers
- Be responsible for any delegated budgets and deliver all project activity within the agreed annual budget
- Monitor and track projects and benchmark nationally wherever possible, identifying areas of opportunity for BID levy payers and feed into future delivery plans
- Work with BID Marketing Manager to deliver promotional business campaigns for BID levy payers across all sectors, in particular focusing on Salisbury Independent businesses
- Identify and secure support for additional BID contributions and funding for projects, beyond that raised by the BID levy
- Work to ensure the success of the BID and to continue to seek new and innovative ways to enhance businesses in the BID area
- To support the BID team to ensure efficient and effective delivery of operations
- General office management duties including first response to BID inward enquiries through phone/email and ensuring the BID CRM is kept updated
To be successful in this Business Manager role you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Skilled project management with proven track record overseeing successful delivery of projects in a timely and cost-effective way and measuring impact and outcomes
- Operational management evidenced with ability to deliver projects to plan and in budget
- Experience working with a wide range of organisation’s and stakeholders
- Experience managing contractors to deliver services
- Experience of budget management
- Good level of IT literacy ideally with some project management software experience
- Understanding of health and safety issues, particularly in relation to city centre activities
- Ability to work flexibly in the evening and/or weekends as the role requires
- Highly organised, able to manage multiple concurrent projects and a self-starter
You will benefit from a Business Manager a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
This is a Permanent contract until renewal ballot March 24 which would lead to a further five-year term.