As the Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the Business Manager and members of the Finance Team by undertaking all aspects of Accounts Payable and Receivable, including nominal, purchase and sales ledgers. This is a full-time, permanent role working 35 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant:
- Accounts Receivable: processing invoices (logging receipt, inputting, coding, liaising with departments to ensure appropriately authorised in line with finance procedures and policies); supplier account reconciliations and following up on queries with suppliers; Preparing payment runs, issuing remittances; verifying bank details with new suppliers/amendments to existing suppliers
- Accounts Payable: Preparing invoices for external lettings, customer account reconciliations and following up on queries from customers
- Staff expense claims: Preparing staff expense payments (liaising with departments to ensure appropriately authorised in line with finance procedures and policies)
- Support the Finance Team in reviewing and posting daily bank transactions to the general ledger
- Ad hoc accountancy duties, supporting the Finance Team
Skills and experience required for the Accounts Assistant:
- Previous experience working in a finance role
- Good all round IT skills including Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Part or fully AAT qualified would be desirable
Salary, £18,000 – 20,000 depending on experience.